Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 85 - Aug 24, 2008

I am posting very early this evening because a bunch of us are going to the movies after visiting hours tonight.

To be honest, there really isn't anything to post about today. Kevin did 'talk' on the phone again to a couple of his friends, but not much else happened. Although - we did go outside for a little bit and we got a nasty storm. It was raining fiercely and we stayed under the overhanging roof and at one point the wind blew really hard and we all got sprayed with rain. Kevin lifted his left arm and covered his face when the rain hit him which shows us that he can feel things and he knows how to react to it. We then just went back inside and sat in front of the windows. He was in the chair almost 3 hours today.

That's about it. He was in pain for some reason earlier and I wasn't in the room so they gave him some pain medication. He's not normally in pain, so I am not sure what that was about. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Let's hope that we hear from Tampa tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie, The Doctors with be able to cap the trech called a "pascemuir"(sp?). My dad has a trech and it can be covered for him to talk. I just read yesterdays blog and am so happy with the way he is reacting. You have to be so excited and I am sure that I am like the others and read your blogs through tears. But they are tears of joy. You are such a wonderfully strong person Les and so is Breezy. And I know that you, Breezy and Kevin are thought about and prayed for every day. Your blog comments prove that. Love and Prayers, Michelle Long

Anonymous said...

Kevin "talking" on the phone just blows me away! He's getting stronger and stronger. I think a Wii is a great idea. It's not a "baby toy" so maybe he'll show interest in it. I'm praying for Tampa to call!

Vicki Chrisman said...

So great to hear your voice today Les!
Here's hoping for good news tomorrow from Tampa!

Anonymous said...

hope you get good news about tampa, you are in my prayers, you are so strong! Nicole

Anonymous said...

Fingers are crossed and prayers are being said in hope of good news about Tampa. I am so excited about Kevin's progress.
The Wii is a wonderful idea! Have you thought about ordering on-line or asking a store (like Wal-Mart) to hold one for you? I bet they would...

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie, I am thrilled with the improvement in his awareness that Kevin is showing. You're right, he IS in there. He seems to be understanding and showing that understanding more and more each day. Just the fact that he knows to put a phone to his ear and to shield his face from the rain, is to me wonderful. And, these things are happening without the help of the professionals in Tampa. Imagine how much better he'll do when he has the doctors and therapists there to work with him!Although I think that everything you and Breezy are doing for Kevin is amazing and has helped him tremendously, I'm sure that in Tampa things will get better and better. You must be so anxious to get there. My prayers and thoughts and love are with you always. Hope you enjoyed the movies with your friends.

Kris said...

Keeping everything crossed that can possibly cross that you hear from Tampa today. And saying a load of extra prayers too!

We're all out here praying for you and praying with you Leslie, Breezy & Kevin. Praying so hard for the massive amounts of strength, peace and comfort that you need each day. God bless you all, and ginormous hugs are always being sent to you all.

- Kris, a Soldiers' Angel from RI

Anonymous said...

Hey Les, Great Great News. Must be a talker like his Mom huh?? So good to talk to you honey. Called Sat. but couldn't reach you will try later tonight. I just am really amazed at the progress. Praying for Tampa. Love ya bunches. Pam

Catherine said...

Hoping that you hear from them soon! xox.